thebesforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOTE: You must have browser cookies enabled for this site to function properly

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ArcadeArcade  AwardsAwards  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Free Alternative

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bboston7
Admin
Admin
bboston7

Number of posts : 562
Achievements :
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue999 / 100999 / 100The Free Alternative Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-04

The Free Alternative Empty
PostSubject: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptySat May 10, 2008 12:14 am

I know a lot of people like to download stuff for free. (Music, Programs, Games, ect...) This has nothing to do with the law but morality. I personally don't illegally download stuff because I believe that the person who made that content deserves money for it. How would you feel if you spent 2 years making an album and later you find out that 75% of the downloads were illegal. You only made 1/4 of what you should have. Keep in mind that these are realistic figures. Why should you continue producing albums if it costs you more than you make? The same goes for ROMS and other programs. I like to put myself in the artists shoes to see what they would feel.
Back to top Go down
https://tehbesforum.all-up.com
Da Tomanator
devoted
Da Tomanator

Number of posts : 313
Achievements :
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100The Free Alternative Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-07

Character sheet
Health:
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue10/15The Free Alternative Empty_bar_bleue  (10/15)
Exp:
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue0/25The Free Alternative Empty_bar_bleue  (0/25)
Gold: 2

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptySat May 10, 2008 11:39 am

I had a geometry sub a few weeks ago who told us about the best and easiest ways to illegally download things, lol. Though some artists are feeling that they're being ripped off in what little percentages they get from total sales. Because of this, a few artists have uploaded their own album onto their sites as a free download. Radiohead did this, but I don't think it's still available for download.
Back to top Go down
AzurePenguino
AzurePenguino

Number of posts : 681
Achievements :
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100The Free Alternative Right_bar_bleue

Character sheet
Health:
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue5/16The Free Alternative Empty_bar_bleue  (5/16)
Exp:
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue0/25The Free Alternative Empty_bar_bleue  (0/25)
Gold:

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptyMon May 12, 2008 3:49 pm

I don't often Illegally download stuffs, but if I really wants it, like an awesome song, or a good movie.
Back to top Go down
http://tamatown.com
Da Tomanator
devoted
Da Tomanator

Achievements :
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100The Free Alternative Right_bar_bleue

Character sheet
Health:
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue10/15The Free Alternative Empty_bar_bleue  (10/15)
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptyMon May 12, 2008 5:08 pm

I know someone on this site who was downloading two movies simultaneously a few days ago, lol.
Back to top Go down
bboston7
Admin
Admin
bboston7

Achievements :
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue999 / 100999 / 100The Free Alternative Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptyMon May 12, 2008 5:21 pm

AzurePenguin wrote:
I don't often Illegally download stuffs, but if I really wants it, like an awesome song, or a good movie.

How would you feel if you wrote that song?
Back to top Go down
Da Tomanator
devoted
Da Tomanator

Achievements :

Character sheet
Health:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptyMon May 12, 2008 6:03 pm

If it were me, I'd ride home in a limo to my Californian 4-story waterfront beach house and have myself a good cry while watching my own music videos in my home theater.
Back to top Go down
bboston7
Admin
Admin
bboston7

Achievements :

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptyMon May 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Da Tomanator wrote:
If it were me, I'd ride home in a limo to my Californian 4-story waterfront beach house and have myself a good cry while watching my own music videos in my home theater.

What it you aren't rich and famous?
Back to top Go down
Da Tomanator
devoted
Da Tomanator

Achievements :

Character sheet
Health:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptyMon May 12, 2008 6:10 pm

If I weren't rich and famous, then I wouldn't be worth downloading.
Back to top Go down
AzurePenguino
AzurePenguino

Achievements :
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100The Free Alternative Right_bar_bleue

Character sheet
Health:
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue5/16The Free Alternative Empty_bar_bleue  (5/16)
Exp:
Gold:

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptyMon May 12, 2008 7:00 pm

I don't think I'd appreciate it much, but I would already haave money from people who had bought my previous works, and those who are honest (like I normally am) and actually bought the CD or the track.
Back to top Go down
uzaku1
uzaku1

Number of posts : 118
Achievements :
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100The Free Alternative Right_bar_bleue

Awards :
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Character sheet
Health:
The Free Alternative Left_bar_bleue1/4The Free Alternative Empty_bar_bleue  (1/4)
Exp:
Gold: 25

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptyTue May 13, 2008 7:44 pm

teh free alternative = ftw
Back to top Go down
http://uzaku1.blogspot.com
Da Tomanator
devoted
Da Tomanator

Achievements :

Character sheet
Health:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptyTue May 13, 2008 8:30 pm

I see u've been downloading teh Battletoads?
Back to top Go down
AzurePenguino
AzurePenguino

Achievements :

Character sheet
Health:
Exp:
Gold:

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative EmptyWed May 14, 2008 4:08 pm

BATTLE TOADS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Free Alternative   The Free Alternative Empty

Back to top Go down

The Free Alternative
Page 1 of 1